inflammation side effects

Preventing Mold in your Kitchen

Preventing mold in the kitchen is important to your family’s health and the structure of your home. Mold, which is a fungus, is a natural decomposer. Mold’s main job is to breakdown and digest whatever substance it is growing on. If that substance is in your kitchen you will want to clean it immediately and then keep it from coming back. Many people have become sick from exposure to mold in recent years. Inhaling or touching mold spores can cause allergies, headaches, nausea, asthma, fatigue and even learning disabilities. If you have excessive mold in your home, you want to contact a Professional Restoration Services of Tampa Bay to get the mold tested and removed.

Keep the Area Clean

Mold loves moisture and feels at home in a damp environment. Explore the household cleanser section of a store, and look for products designed to blast away mold, formulations specially manufactured to dissolve mildew. Without a cleansing program of some kind, laminate benchtops will quickly age and succumb to the growth. The laminate lifts and warps, and the grain of laminate benchtops play host to tiny patches of mold sinking down into the substrate. You can even source benchtop materials such as laminates which are easy to clean and therefore easy to keep mold away from.

Humidity and moisture

Keep the humidity level in your home to below 50%. Kitchens should have adequate ventilation. If you are unable to open window for cross ventilation install ceiling fans and use your stoves exhaust fan, especially when boiling water. Air conditioning your home can reduce humidity. Swamp coolers increase humidity so use sparingly while you are cooking. If you already have mold in your kitchen wipe down walls, window sills and even the ceiling often with an antibacterial spray. If the air around kitchen benchtops is stagnant and steamy, all kinds of mold have the potential to flourish. It’s so much easier to stop the problem in its tracks, removing the dampness that feeds the growth

Safety First and Foremost

Some of these household answers are hazardous to the health, so wear gloves and safety goggles to prevent getting dangerous chemicals in an eye or an open cut. One good practice to establish is to gather a mold cleaning kit. Use an empty plastic spray bottle, filling it with the chosen cleanser, perhaps opting for a non-toxic liquid if young children and pets are present, and start attacking the mold. Use a fine brush or even an old toothbrush to scrub the fungus away, and finish with a slightly damp cloth. Some rooms in a home naturally get wet. Keep a close eye on those areas for mold and mildew, taking action when mold appears.

 

To read more click here

Speak Your Mind

*