inflammation side effects

Black Mold: What You Need To Know

What is black mold?

Toxic black mold or black mold is a name commonly used for Stachybotrys chartarum. It is one of the most infamous toxic molds because it can grow in houses and is extremely dangerous to humans. Stachybotrys is known as a toxic mold because it produces toxins called mycotoxins. Toxic black mold is a greenish-black gelatinous mold. It is usually slimy because of a wet layer on the top. However if a toxic black mold colony’s water source runs out it can appear dry and powdery. There are several molds that look similar to toxic black mold. If you find what you think might be Stachybotrys the only way you can tell for sure is to have a mold expert look at a sample under a microscope. jupiter_black_mold

While most molds take just one or two days to colonize, toxic black mold usually needs eight to twelve days. Once toxic black mold is growing though it usually forces out any other molds growing nearby and takes over its environment. Toxic black mold needs a lot of moisture for a long time before it can begin to grow.

What are the health risks?

The mycotoxins of toxic black mold cause people to suffer toxic symptoms. The general types of symptoms caused by toxic black mold include:

  • Respiratory problems
  • Skin inflammation
  • Hemorrhage
  • Irritation of the mucous membranes
  • Damage to internal organs
  • Mental impairment
  • Tiredness
  • Nausea
  • Immune system suppression

Toxic black mold can cause permanent damage to your health. In extreme cases toxic black mold has even lead to death. Because of the serious health effects toxic black mold can cause, if you find it in your home you need to take steps to get it removed immediately. The longer you are around toxic black mold, the more it will damage your health. There is no cure or antidote which can be taken for toxic black mold. The only solution is to remove the toxic black mold from your environment or remove yourself from the environment. Once you are away from toxic black mold your body will start to recover and most of your symptoms should go away over time. However some of the damage from toxic black mold can be permanent.

How can you get rid of it?

CALL A PROFESSIONAL!images (1)

Never try to remove toxic black mold on your own. Disturbing toxic black mold can make it release huge amounts of spores and mycotoxins throughout your home, making your symptoms much worse. If you have toxic black mold in your home you should talk to a professional mold removal service experienced in removing toxic black mold. They should be able to remove the mold with minimal disturbance, while also containing spores and mycotoxins. It’s also best to move to temporary accommodation until the toxic black mold removal has been completed, so as to avoid further damage to your health.

P.R.S. is equipped and certified to remove black mold and re-mediate any damages it may have caused.

 PRS logo (2)

http://www.cdc.gov/mold/stachy.htm

http://blackmold.awardspace.com/stachybotrys.html

Speak Your Mind

*